The articles that are published in the JIPED Journal follow a double blind peer-review procedure.
The reviewing process implies the following eight stages:
1) Submitting the manuscript by author(s) in Romanian and English to the email@example.com, e-mail address.
2) Receiving the manuscript by the Editorial Board on the above-mentioned e-mail address.
3) Preliminary manuscript checking of thematic relevance, compliance with contents and editing guidelines, appropriate and accurate English, as instructed by â€śAuthorsâ€™ Guidelinesâ€ť. In the case the manuscript does not fulfill the requirements mentioned above, it will be returned by the Editorial Board to author(s), with the necessary observations concerning the insertion of additional Â information, rephrasing, etc.
4) Registering the manuscript by the Editorial Board. If during the preliminary manuscript checking process the manuscript fulfills the requirements, the Editorial Board registers the manuscript providing a unique identification code. This code and the confirmation of manuscript receiving will be sent to the authorâ€™s e-mail address.
5) Transmitting the manuscript to two independent reviewers. The manuscript is separately assessed and reviewed by two independent reviewers who will not be aware of the authorâ€™s identity. In their turn, the authors do not know the reviewersâ€™ identity. After assessment and reviewing process, each reviewer writes the Reviewerâ€™s Report where he/she mentions one of the following:
a) Accepted with no objections, in the case that the manuscript is to be published;
b) Accepted with observations, in the case the manuscript cannot be published, for the moment. The Editorial Board sends the manuscript and Reviewersâ€™ Report with the reviewersâ€™ improvement suggestions to the authorsâ€™ e-mail address.Â After the author makes the necessary corrections he sends the manuscript to the Editorial Board in 10 daysâ€™ time since he received the Editorial Boardâ€™s answer. The Editorial Board sends the improved manuscript to the reviewer(s). This process is reiterated until the reviewer (reviewers) considers the manuscript could be accepted with no objections.
c) Rejected, when the manuscript cannot be published. Besides the reasons concerning the scientific content of the manuscript, the reviewer (reviewers) may reject the manuscript whenever he/she ascertains a case of plagiarism or compiling.
6) Operating final modifications of format and contents by author(s). It is done only in the case in which, due to the changes made by author(authors) at reviewer(reviewers) suggestion, the manuscript undergone format and content changes and the Executive Editors have to discuss with the author(authors) upon the final formatting of the manuscript.
7) Transmitting the manuscript for publication. The Editorial Board checks the final formatting and the accuracy of the English language.
8) Publishing the manuscript. It is made according to the chronological criterion, according to manuscript registration and to the end of the reviewing process.